SSP14 Space Applications Teaching Associate - Bill (Seung Beom) Hamm:
- Bill (Seung Beom) Hamm served as a Teaching Associate (TA) for the Space Applications Department chaired by Dr. Su-Yin Tan for the 9-week Space Studies Program (SSP14) of the International Space University (ISU) this summer. Bill contributed to the SSP14 Week 6 TA Blog and his entry can be viewed here:
Lorne Russwurm Award - Danial Mariampillai:
- Congratulations to Danial Mariampillai for being retroactively awarded the Lorne Russwurm Award for outstanding performance as a Teaching Assistant for the 2012-2013 academic year!
- Jan 2014: Dr. Su-Yin Tan is appointed the Associate Director of the UW Aviation Program
Space Studies Program (SSP14) Road Show:
- Date: Tuesday, 21 January 2014
- Time: 5:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
- Location: Hagey Hall (HH), Room 1104, University of Waterloo
- Presenters: Su-Yin Tan (SSP'03), Eric Choi (SSP'99), Amir Komeily (SSP'07)
- Full event details HERE
- Nov 30, 2013: The book entitled, "Meteorological Satellite Systems" by Dr. Su-Yin Tan is scheduled for release. More information can be found here: [Springer] [Amazon] [Indigo]
GIS Day 2013:
- Nov 20, 2013: AGRL graduate students (Yiou Gao & Lu Li) will be giving a lightning talk at 1:30 p.m. in EV1-221 [Agenda]
- Nov 18, 2013: Congratulations to Junzhu Li for successfully defending her Masters thesis entitled, "Spatial patterns of soil organic carbon distribution in Canadian forest regions: An eco-region based exploratory analysis"!
AGRL Fall 2013 Meeting:
- Sep 30, 2013 (EV1-221): Formal welcome to new graduate students! Yiou Gao will provide a research seminar presentation
- Sep 17, 2013: Congratulations to Dongrong Li for successfully defending her Masters thesis entitled, "Using GIS and Remote Sensing Techniques for Solar Panel Installation Site Selection"!
- Aug 30, 2013: Congratulations to James Lockyer-Cotter for successfully defending his Masters thesis entitled, "Web GIS Tools for Crime Mapping in Toronto"!
- Please note that Dr. Tan will be on sabbatical during Spring 2013 with especially limited availability during July to August months
- Apr 18, 2013: Congratulations to Junzhu Li for being awarded the "Best Poster Presentation" prize at the UWO University of Western Ontario 10th Annual Earth Day Colloquium! (link)
UWaterloo Faculty Profile:
- Read a news feature about Dr. Tan (AGRL Director) featured on the Faculty of Environment's homepage this month (February 2013):
AGRL Winter 2013 Meeting:
- Feb 6, 2013 (EV1-221): Junzhu Li and Danial Mariampillai research seminar presentations